Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


I have the best man in the whole world.

He's the one who gave me the beautiful bouquet of flowers in the picture above. He is thoughtful, kind, caring, loving, helpful, and he has a really warped sense of humor, like me. We've been through so much together, and while there have been times where it's been rough, we managed to stick it out and stay together.

I can't tell you what would happen if he was out of my life, I don't ever want to think about that.

This Valentine's Day I want the world to know how much I love and appreciate him and all he's done for me and Alex. Thank you, honey, for everything. And I hope there are better and bigger ways for me to show my love and gratitude today and everyday.

I got the flowers on Thursday, when he brought them home after work. They were a combo of "Congratulations" and "Happy Valentine's Day."

I found out on Thursday, I got the job I was interviewing for the past 2 weeks. I start tonight, and I'm excited to be going to a new place and learning new things and meeting new people. I have a really good feeling about this opportunity, and I am grateful I have a steady job now. I'm going to continue writing, I have a lot of things planned in the next few weeks, so don't worry, you will be hearing from me. :)

Since my last blog post, my son has emailed me that they will be in Rio (Yes, that Rio!) in a few weeks. His ship, the USS Carl Vinson, left Haiti on February 1, 2010, and they went to Mayport, Florida, to resupply. They left for the remainder of their journey this last week, to their final destination of San Diego, California. They should arrive there in April, if all goes well. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, best wishes, and good thoughts you have given him and my family while he is deployed. Please continue to support our troops.

I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day and you show and tell the ones you love how much they mean to you, not just today, but everyday.

No comments: