Friday, August 12, 2011

I Still Have a Dream...



I came to work on Monday and there seemed to be different kind of energy as I walked in the door. Then as I stepped inside, I heard, "Was it you, Laura? Did you win?" I had to think about it for a moment, and then I realized my co-workers were asking if I had won the Powerball Jackpot.


The answer: NOT YET! :) However, there was a retired couple who won from Dakota County, and after watching the report on the news tonight on WCCO,  I am happy it was them. They both reminded me of my parents, they are both salt of the earth people, people who have worked hard all their lives and were trying like so many of us to figure out if they would ever be able to afford to ever retire. Now they don't have to worry about that. I wish them many, many blessings and I hope they enjoy their retirement in style along with the rest of their family.

As for me, I bought my tickets, playing the same numbers, so am I still dreaming? Yes. Am I going to win? Yes.

5 comments:

Kate Dolan said...

I love buying lottery tickets because until the numbers are picked I AM the next millionaire and it's fun to figure out what I'll do first with the money. I'm glad you can be happy for other winners!

V.R. Leavitt said...

You know what they say...you can't win if you don't play. :-) Keep the dream alive!!

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David

Unknown said...

Good !

http://metamorfosemuscular.blogspot.com

Easy Official said...

we didn't know the result if we didn't try it..so keep forward your dream until u got what u want..