Sunday, February 03, 2013

Tax Time

I just did my taxes. Now, I'm depressed.

For the first time, I actually owe money for my federal taxes. It's only about $200.00 but still, I can't believe I have to pay in.

I work two jobs. When I am working both of them, I put in 12 to 14 hour days. Right now, I have it set up so I have at least one day off (Sundays) from both jobs, so that means I work 6 days a week.

What do I have to show for it? Not much. I have some savings, but the money I make is to pay for the electricity, the phone, groceries, and any of the odds and ends of just living can bring. I need to save more, but it seems when I get some money saved up, something happens and I end up using my savings and starting from zero again.

I need more "passive income." That lovely way of making money at home without having to punch a clock. There are many ways I can do that, but I have to figure out how to work it in to my schedule.

Writing is the only thing I can do right now. I love to do it, I love having everyone read my articles. I just have to find a way to get paid for it.

Maybe I can make enough to pay my taxes. :)

Just a few thoughts on a lovely Sunday afternoon. 

Any ideas, please post in the comments below. 


1 comment:

Winston Sutton said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Laura. Yes, $220 may not sound that much, but the fact that you're working two jobs will make you feel that your hard work was for nothing. If I may ask, did you find out what caused you to have a tax debt? Hope you're doing well.

-Winston Sutton