Sunday, February 03, 2013

Tax Time

I just did my taxes. Now, I'm depressed.

For the first time, I actually owe money for my federal taxes. It's only about $200.00 but still, I can't believe I have to pay in.

I work two jobs. When I am working both of them, I put in 12 to 14 hour days. Right now, I have it set up so I have at least one day off (Sundays) from both jobs, so that means I work 6 days a week.

What do I have to show for it? Not much. I have some savings, but the money I make is to pay for the electricity, the phone, groceries, and any of the odds and ends of just living can bring. I need to save more, but it seems when I get some money saved up, something happens and I end up using my savings and starting from zero again.

I need more "passive income." That lovely way of making money at home without having to punch a clock. There are many ways I can do that, but I have to figure out how to work it in to my schedule.

Writing is the only thing I can do right now. I love to do it, I love having everyone read my articles. I just have to find a way to get paid for it.

Maybe I can make enough to pay my taxes. :)

Just a few thoughts on a lovely Sunday afternoon. 

Any ideas, please post in the comments below. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Laura. Yes, $220 may not sound that much, but the fact that you're working two jobs will make you feel that your hard work was for nothing. If I may ask, did you find out what caused you to have a tax debt? Hope you're doing well.

-Winston Sutton

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and guides for making $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.
GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS

pakistani matrimonial rishta said...





Introducing Rishta Pakistan service
Welcome to Rishta Pakistan Website Allah Swt made your partner already
in heaven so we help for finding your life partner at earth through this
website Create an account and look for your Muslim life partner
photo booth rentals in australia
photo booth rentals in usa
roofing contractor
gutter company