Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lessons From Aunt Keener


Here are some of the things I learned from my Aunt Keener:

1. Family is number one. Especially, your kids.
2. Good coffee is simple: good coffee, and good water. Don't settle for anything less.
3. Surround yourself with lots of green and growing things. (The picture above is from her garden.) And watch the birds.
4. When you get the blues, do the "Happy Dance".
5. The Sesame Street song, "My name is Fred. They call me Fred. When I get up I put a hat upon my head. My name is Fred."
6. Tomato macaroni and fried potatoes is a meal fit for a king.
7. One man's trash is another man's treasure at the dump grounds.
8. Give lots of hugs.
9. Go to the doctor, even if you don't want to know what's really wrong with you.
10. Tell everyone you love them.

No comments: