Saturday, March 01, 2008

Goodbye, February!

Wow. I didn't realize it's been well over a month since I posted. Oh, well. I have a laundry list of reasons why it's taken me so long. I'll just give you all the highlights since you are all so busy, busy, busy! So, here goes...

First, February may be the shortest month in the calendar year, but it's always been the worst for me. Bad Karma usually hits me in February, no matter what, and if it doesn't hit me in February, then it's just as March is beginning. This year is a leap year for crying out loud, so let's prolong the agony, shall we???

There is some good news, or some great news to report though, I won't bring everyone down into my personal pity party.

First and foremost, QH did very well this year on Valentine's Day, complete with a dozen of the most unique roses I have ever seen. Great card (he created himself), and of course, he got me DARK, DARK CHOCOLATE! YUMMMM! Instead of going the usual I-waited-until-the-last-minute-and-got-you-a-stupid-dancing/singing-hamster, I decided the QH deserved to have a kick-ass present. After all, the gifts I gave him for Christmas this year were so LAME! (What did Dad get? Dad got hosed!) I should be punished and sent to bed with no supper for that, so I wanted to make sure I got him something he A) wanted and mentioned he wanted, not something I thought he wanted, and B) was something he would be able to use and enjoy.

No, folks, no Harley Davidson full dress Electroglide just yet. I need to sell some organs and a whole forest of manuscripts to get going on that.

No, I bought him a cool new digital camera. The plan worked, I knocked his socks off! He said he wanted the "cheapie" one, but I know deep down that he would just love the higher up model. The one I bought him was fabulous, and we got the opportunity to see what it could do at a wedding that very weekend. Congratulations to Chad and Missy and baby Isabel Grace. The wedding was beautiful and I blubbered and cried, and we had a great time!

The thing that still gets me, is QH keeps asking why.

Well, Duh!

I won't go through the whole list of things this man has done, still does, and I hope will continue to do, not just for me, but for my son as well. Everything from washing the dishes, doing the laundry, helping Alex work on his car, being there for him to encourage him and guide him on his embarking on his life's journey, to supporting me (and kicking me in the ass when I need it) with my writing and just being HIM! I also feel that it's a small way of showing how much I appreciate him and all the things, big, medium and small he does for us every single day we spend with him. He deserves so much more. I just have to keep working at delivering a lot faster! And get those "multiple streams of income" flowing and growing!

This month also brought with it the knowledge that even though I got my flu shot, I still can get sick. I have been battling a sinus infection for about a month now. The pressure in my head was so bad (how bad was it??), my glasses were imprinted on my face! I couldn't breathe, hear, taste, smell or talk (I hear you all clapping out there!). Then everyone else got it. My Mom got it and it turned into bronchitis. Cannon got really sick with this too.

I've been stoned on Theraflu and DayQuil for the last few weeks. There went my gym classes, and my writing. I did break down and bought a neti pot and it has been such a lifesaver. If you suffer from sinus anything, go get one, but most important, USE IT!!

Last but not least, it also brought an Oscar award to a writer whose work I admire, and to two brothers from Minnesota who make these films that stay with you. They were all so deserving, I would like to congratulate Diablo Cody for winning her award for Best Original Screenplay for "Juno", and for the Coen brothers, Joel and Ethan, for winning Best Picture, Best Directors, and a slew of other awards including an Oscar for Javier Bardem for his chilling portrayal in "No Country For Old Men." Both are films I am anxious to see, and kudos to all of them. Minnesota kicked ass at the Oscars!

Now, it's off to bed. I have some major life shifting going on, and will be purging and cleaning this weekend to create a few vacuums and get some energies flowing positively in the right directions. If you haven't picked it up yet, read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. It's Oprah's latest pick for her Book Club and I believe it will be changing not only MY life, but the lives of so many others, not to mention, our own planet.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."~Gahndi

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Great to see you crawled out of your cocoon up there in the great north to post to your blog. That way, at least I know you're still alive and kicking. Like you, I'm dealing with a sinus infection for the past 2 weeks or better now and both the little grandkids have it too. Sickly household syndrome ya know!