Saturday, May 16, 2009

Contest Changes Effective Immediately

If you go to my business blog, you will see I've made some drastic changes to my writing contest.

Go to crawfordwritingservices.blogspot.com for all the details.

If you don't want to click on the link, I will just give you the short version here.

I've decided to open up the age group to include anyone sixteen (16) years of age and older, meaning if you are all the way to 99 years old (or older), you can enter the contest if you submit a great manuscript with the
$10 non-refundable entry fee for each manuscript submitted.

Deadline is July 1, 2009, with winners announced on August 1, 2009.

This was requested by several writers who let me know that they would love to enter the contest, but couldn't because of my age limitation.

Ok. I'm flexible, so I opened it up and extended the deadline and I hope you all flood my Inbox and my P.O. Box with entries that will knock me out of my chair.

BRING IT ON!!

And since today is Armed Forces Day, in honor of our Troops, I am offering a Thank You Card, handwritten, for $5 each with every penny going to Operation Minnesota Nice, my favorite charity.

On July 1, 2009, I will present each card, signed with your name, along with all the money raised to this wonderful organization in time for the Independence Day celebrations.

Operation Minnesota Nice adopts soldiers of all branches of the service and sends them mail, packages and gifts that their families are not able to provide due to financial or other reasons. It's a small way to say thanks for them serving our country and with the postage hike that took effect on May 11, 2009, they need all the help they can get.

If you want to just donate, you can do any amount you like. Even if it's just $1.00, it will add up and make a difference.

Please pray for our troops and their families, and thank a service member no matter what branch they serve for keeping us free.

No comments: