Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Toast the New Year With Lemonade

I'm watching the CBS Evening News last night and on the segment "Spirit of America" they told the story of a group of advertising executives and writers who were laid off, got together and decided to make a movie about how the lay off turned their lives around.

It's called "Lemonade", as in, "Life hands you lemons, make lemonade." I've seen the trailer and as my gift to all of you I am posting it on both of my blogs.

It amazes me still that something so simple, can change your focus in an instant. I've been looking for something to give my ideas and my life some sort of direction, and this little segment did, and after watching this trailer, I ordered the DVD. I'm now inspired to live my life on my terms. If they could do it, I can do it. Bless your circumstances this year, and bless the ones to come. And make lots of lemonade.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

3 comments:

Sandy Lender said...

Ah, yes.
When I got "terminated," I knew it was coming...
So...
I divorced a jerk who no longer had any need for me because I could no longer provide for him.
I worked my way back into the magazine/construction industry I loved.
I wrote like a fiend on the books I preferred writing during the "lean months".
I've been marketing those books like mad and now my publisher has released the second novel on Kindle and is about to release the first one on Kindle in addition to the hard copies out there...

So I don't eat steak every night.
My birds and I are out of a very bad, stressful, horrible workplace.

Is losing the job really a lemon?
Then I'll take a bit of sugar and water with that...

From Sandy Lender
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

Laura M. Crawford said...

Yes, Sandy, that's my whole reason for posting this. I was feeling pretty down and out, couldn't write the last few weeks, because I didn't have it in me. Nothing meaningful, anyway. No spark. What's the point?

Then, I saw that silly story on the news last night and the hairs on my arms were literally standing straight up. No shit! I haven't had a reaction to anything like that in months! Every cell was screaming, "Pay Attention to This!" When I finished watching it, I went to the website and checked it out.

I wrote nearly 5,000 words last night on an ebook that wouldn't let me go. As soon as I'm finished, I'll send it to you. I think I could do something with this idea, and actually get paid for it, which would be great since nobody else is ringing my phone off the hook to give me a job. :)

Yes, I'll take some water, and a few Splenda packets please and a little ice in the glass. Losing my job at the factory was the BEST thing that could have happened to me.

Anyone else want to comment and share their story, I will be collecting them for an anthology to be published. Send them to my email crawfordwriting@yahoo.com.

Thanks, Sandy, and I'll see you on the other side! :)

Kim Smith said...

Happy new year!