Friday, January 18, 2008

Wow, does that hurt!

I arrived at 6:00 am, and the water was wonderful. I made some new friends, and the class was small. Four ladies, including me, and the instructor. That hour class went by so fast! It didn't seem like I did much of anything. Splash, splash, splash, some work with the "noodles" (those long floating things the kids play with in the water), some underwater jumping jacks, some underwater sit-ups, some back and forth from the shallow end to the deep end, then back to the middle and a final stretch. Over and done, and then out of the water. Yeah, out of the water. That's when you feel it.
The best way to describe the feeling is you have been carrying around a heavy jacket filled with rocks, and you let the jacket slip off your shoulders, down your back and legs onto the floor. Whoa.
It's been since Tuesday and I my muscles have been notifying me that they have been neglected far too long. Muscles I didn't even know I had! I have also been working at the factory which entails lifting and moving and while that doesn't affect me so much, the Aqua Fit effect is.
So, does this mean, that's it? I'm done? Nope. It just means that I'm more determined than ever to get this heavy jacket filled with rocks off my body. I went grocery shopping this week, and the diet has changed, people. Fruit, vegetables, lean meats, fish, turkey, yogurt, 100 calorie snacks. I'm writing everything I eat down and the calories, according to serving size and package, are going down with it. I want to see how much I'm eating and I'm keeping track of my exercise too.
My next step is "Inspiration Pants", a pair of pants in the size I want to be in, size 16. I haven't been in that size since I was a junior in high school. When I feel like giving up, or that I've lost some weight and feel better, that I can slack off a little bit, those pants will come out.
See you in the water, kids!

No comments: